OUR OFFERINGS -
Attorneys and Paralegal staff are often troubled by medical charts and having to organize, summarize and review them. Processing medical records in-house presents its own sets of problems impacting the efficient use of staff resources. Not to forget the leviathan of paper that needs to be managed as well as the scanning of electronic delivery and storage. Lex Process can provide a viable option with the aim of reducing turnaround time, overhead, costs and increasing revenues.
Our team of Medical Professionals include physicians and experienced attorneys who help reduce, organize and review digital files in order to produce Medical Chronologies and Timelines, Demand Letters and Medical Malpractice Review. Lex Process employs a team of physicians to handle specific litigations related to medical malpractice, nursing home, motor vehicle claims, and premises liability among others to provide excellent quality on an unfailing basis with rapid turnaround times. We are an ISO 27001 certified and HIPAA compliant organization and our employees receive HIPAA training with ongoing education.
At Lex Process, our team of attorneys/paralegals and medical experts work in collaboration with Personal Injury law firms providing them with end-to-end support for various types of cases including, but not limited to:
- Auto accidents, bicycle, pedestrian, and amusement park accidents etc.
- Slip/trip and falls
- Assault and battery
- Dog bites
- Defective product liability
- Scaffolding/machinery/crane accidents
- Fall from heights
- Burn injuries
- Unsafe sidewalks
- Broken staircase or elevators
- Faulty or inadequate lighting
- Poor security
- Emergency room, Surgical, Medication, Anesthesia errors
- Birth injuries
- Misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis or failure to diagnose
- Dental malpractice
- Nursing home abuse & Wrongful death
- Vehicle-related accidents while at work
- Occupational diseases
- Toxic exposure
- Psychological trauma
Class Action Lawsuits:
- Drugs & Supplements
- Medical Devices & Implants
- Environmental Hazards
SORTING & COLLATING
- We analyze, sort and rearrange all of the received medical records in a chronological order, and provide a systematic presentation of the information, which is easy to review.
- Initial organization of the medical records help in identifying missing records and duplicates of already existing records.
- Bates stamping of medical records is done to help keep the files organized. Our bates stamp options are customizable to include date and time, patient name, provider name, file number, etc.
- Categorization and sorting of medical records.
- Final work-product is a comprehensive text-based summary of medical records presented chronologically in order for it to be easily understandable as a sequence of events.
- Highlighting of important points.
- Enabling highlighted noted and post-its to be attached to the medical chronology.
- Medical chronology format correctly records the dates of medical records, procedures, treatments together with customized fields as per your requirements.
- Deliverables in WORD and PDF formats.
- OCR search available for keywords and phrases.
- 50% reduction in review time.
Medical Chronology is a more concise format consisting of a detailed summary of the case focus period, and the damage/treatment period. However, the rehabilitation visits/therapy records are not captured as individual visits, and are rather combined as a narrative description. Also, in this type of summary, we do not summarize the prior medical records.
SAMPLE TYPE A
Medical Chronology is a comprehensive format consisting of a detailed summary of the case focus period, and the damage/treatment period. The rehabilitation visits/therapy records are captured in a date-wise manner. However, in this type of summary, we do not summarize the prior medical records.
SAMPLE TYPE B
Medical Chronology is a comprehensive format consisting of a detailed summary of the case focus period, the damage/treatment period, as well as, a summary of the prior records. Also, the rehabilitation visits/therapy records are captured in a date-wise manner.
SAMPLE TYPE C
- Organization and review of medical records by Medical Professionals like M.B.B.S. Doctors, Physicians.
- Chronological presentation of record summary for better understanding of sequence of events.
- Narrative summary is ideal for demand and deposition preparation.
- Identification of duplicate and missing records.
- Deliverables in WORD and PDF formats.
Demand letter is the first major step in negotiating a personal injury claim, and is the central document in the claim itself. All negotiations of a settlement revolve around the details put forth in the letter. Lex Process make sure this document must therefore be packed with excellent information and arguments, outlining the damages you are seeking and the reason your claim is valid. Lex process sets out to the insurance company the strongest arguments concerning.
• Summary of the facts surrounding the collision
• Confirmation of the insured’s 100%liability to the exclusion of yours
• Injuries, Medical treatment and its cost
• Confirmation of lost wages
• List of out-of-pocket expenses
• Statement of your ongoing pain and suffering and emotional distress
• Future medical treatments and Estimates of future wage loss
• ICD/CPT codes
• Your supporting documents
• Your settlement demand amount
Our value-added services include
- Billing summary
- Accident diagram
SAMPLE DEMAND LETTER 1
Sample Demand Letter-1 is a detailed letter listing out the liability facts related to the incident/accident, treatment of injuries followed by a list of injuries, duration of treatment in chronological order followed by the medical expenses incurred due to the incident/accident.
- Medical malpractice and/or nursing home abuse occurs when a patient is harmed by a doctor/nurse (or other medical professional) who fails to competently perform his or her medical duties.
- To prove that medical malpractice occurred, we must be able to show all of these things: A doctor-patient relationship existed; the doctor was negligent; the doctor’s negligence caused the injury; and the injury led to specific damages.
- Our medical chronologies give you a timeline of events surrounding these allegations. We can also provide topic chronologies that focus on specific areas of concern.
- Some of the common medical malpractice cases include misdiagnosis, failure or delay to diagnose, surgical errors, medication errors, adverse reactions to drugs and drug interactions, errors in medical procedures etc.
BOOKMARKS AND HYPERLINKS
- The Bookmarks facilitates easy navigation through the records and helps to find a particular record for a specific date or from a particular location.
- The hyperlinking is provided to the source document and the summary page for rapid assimilation during the review process.
IDENTIFYING MISSING RECORDS
- Identification of missing records is very crucial for any case analysis. There may be a key piece of evidence in the missing records.
- Identifying missing records during the review process or in the preliminary stages is vital because their absence may foreshadow something much more serious.
- During the review process, if we believe an important section of the patient’s record is unavailable, we will notify the same, so that appropriate action may be taken to address any gaps that we find.
- In addition to the medical records, we will also notify regarding any other records that may be appropriate for the case that we have not yet received, such as the police report, wage loss records, and/or property damage estimates etc.
- A list of missing medical records with associated medical providers/facilities and date of service is provided for reconciliation and retrieval requests.
- Customized medicolegal reports are provided as an add-on service.
- Tailor-made/personalized reports are generated after a detailed analysis of the case.
- It can be a single report, diagrammatic representation or power point presentation that can aid in better understanding of the case.
- All the significant key points will be included in the special report for ease of understanding the case.
- By doing a preliminary review of the medical records, we provided assistance in helping you to make a decision on potential medical malpractice claims.
- Once the medical records are reviewed, a comprehensive report of the patient’s medical condition including his past medical history, prior treatments, current condition and future medical care recommendations is drafted.
- We provide medical opinions to understand if the injuries sustained were a direct result of the accident, or if there was any exacerbation of pre-existing medical conditions.
- With regards to medical malpractice cases, we help if identifying any deviation from the standard of care imparted, or if there is any breach of duty or negligence by the medical provider.
Be it a personal injury matter, medical malpractice or any other case, deposition is an essential tool for discovery because it brings out many hidden facts on the front and helps attorneys to reach out to the basic issues of the case. It is a stage which brings an opportunity to both parties to see the case from something more than mere typewritten papers. A properly recorded deposition goes a long way in bringing the case to the winning decision on behalf of a client. When depositions run into 100s and 1000s of pages and a case requires many witnesses to be deposed, it becomes very difficult to keep track of all of them. We at Lex process summarize deposition testimonies into crisp, concise, accurate and easy to read summaries without the need to read pages in the actual deposition to clarify a point.
Settlement brochures provides a terrific opportunity to demonstrate the attorney’s knowledge, expertise and preparation to the insurance carrier while at the same time maximizing the potential recovery in the case. Many attorneys believe that the best way to settle a claim is to prepare for trial. A well-prepared brochure that carefully documents the Plaintiff’s injuries will not only aid in settlement but also will provide a solid foundation for a trial notebook in the event the case is not settled. If drafted by Lex Process, settlement brochures may be an effective way to prompt a favorable resolution.